Demonstrate your creativity by producing the next big cause marketing idea for the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (NPCF). DECA chapters can participate with up to four-member teams to develop a creative and unique fundraising campaign with NPCF branding. The fundraising campaign must have an uplifting and hopeful theme with a social media component and video.
The top three teams will be recognized on DECA Direct Online and on stage during DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, CA. Each team will receive a travel stipend (1st place $2,000; 2nd and 3rd place $1,000) to attend ICDC.
Extra incentive prizes and challenge points will be provided to teams who raise a minimum of $43 (to honor the 43 children diagnosed with cancer each day in the U.S.).
- Challenge Begins: September 1, 2023 (Pediatric Cancer Month)
- Challenge Registration Deadline: February 6, 2024
- Top 3 Teams Announced: February 21, 2024
- Top 3 Teams Travel to ICDC: April 27-30, 2024*
*Eligibility to attend DECA’s ICDC is determined by the chartered association advisor based on their rules and regulations. Finalists should consult with their chartered association advisor for eligibility guidelines and gain approval from their chapter advisor to attend the conference.
Follow the below steps to sign up for the fundraising component of the challenge:
- Visit nationalpcf.org/deca.
- Click the orange “Start Fundraising Today” button.
- Click “Log In" or "Start a Team"
- Select Join a Team or Create a Team.
If you are the first to register, click “Create a Team”
- If there will be more than one challenge entry from your chapter, put "School Name" followed by “Challenge Team 1, 2, etc.” as the team name.
- Fill out the personal information.
- Once you get to the review and complete your registration page, click the grey “Add Additional Registrants” to easily add the rest of your teammates.
- Once all teammates are added, click “Complete Registration”.