The 2023-2024 DECA Chapter Campaigns are here to help you Experience the Difference! Participating in the chapter campaigns encourages DECA members to engage with their community and grow membership by participating in DECAs chapter campaigns.
Each campaign has unique criteria described in the Chapter Campaign Guidebook. This is a great tool to begin planning for the school year. The campaigns feature five categories, including Membership, Promotional, Community Service, Ethical Leadership and Advocacy.
Below are some tips and tricks to help you and your chapter strategically tackle the chapter campaigns.
- Review requirements and deadlines. Make sure to read the guidebook carefully as each campaign has its own deadlines and requirements. For instance, the Membership, Promotional, Community Service and Ethical Leadership campaigns are due on December 1, 2023, but the Advocacy campaign is due on March 1, 2024.
- Get creative. The guidebook comes equipped with suggestions on how to incorporate chapter campaigns into your classroom and chapter. Review DECAs suggested ideas and then decide which ones sound the most feasible. But don’t stop there – think outside of the box and brainstorm your own, unique blueprint!
- Create an action plan. One of the guidebook’s greatest assets is the student worksheet that follows each campaign's description. This allows students to visually plan out their target activities, jot down ideas and collaborate with others. Utilize this feature to come up with the best approach for your chapter campaigns!
- Submit your campaigns. The chapter campaign portal will open on September 1, 2023, for the Promotional, Community Service, Ethical Leadership and Advocacy campaigns to submit your campaigns. For the membership campaign, be sure to submit your membership by the deadline.
What happens once the campaigns are completed?
- Chapters can earn Achievement Level by meeting all the requirements in any ONE of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns (Promotional, Community Service or Ethical Leadership) and receive a pennant and certificate.
- Or, chapters can earn the Thrive Level by meeting all the requirements in any TWO of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and two (2) allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at ICDC.
- Additionally, for the Membership Campaign, chapters can earn Achievement Level by meeting the requirements in any ONE of the categories (students, alumni or professionals) of the Membership Campaign and receive a pennant and certificate. Or, chapters can earn the Thrive Level by meeting the requirements in any TWO categories and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and two (2) allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at ICDC.
As you begin to map out your campaign strategies, don’t forget to use this year’s guidebook as a tool and resource!
If you have any questions during the process, reach out to email@example.com.