The new DECA Direct Online is everything you want and everything you need all in one place, making it a tremendous member benefit.
There are so many cool features, but here are a few of our favorites.
- Student Hub — decadirect.org is the one place members need to visit to get the information they want and direct links to the content that matters most.
- Maximize Your Membership – Each month will feature the top three most suggested activities for DECA members to take advantage of with their membership.
- Executive Officer Corner and Video Call Calendar – The executive officer’s monthly columns are prominently displayed and members are only one click away from engaging with them through monthly video calls.
- Partner Spotlights – With dedicated areas for content from our partners and advertisers, there are more engagement opportunities to connect with our partners.
- Announcements – This new go-to spot for the key 411 ensures important announcements don’t get lost with the other great news and resources.
- Calendar - Easily view upcoming events and deadlines.
- High School and Collegiate Filtering – Filter the content most relevant to you by the click of a button.
- Cool Looks – All stories are categorized with colors and icons and cross-referenced tags display content by topic, tags and author.
- Integrate into the Classroom – Many articles and videos will have discussion questions, the related career cluster, instructional areas and performance indicators included directly on the page.
- Exam Item of the Day – Stop back each day to test your knowledge with a unique exam item from DECA’s competitive events. The feature makes a perfect classroom bell ringer or easy way to practice all year long.
- Case Study of the Week – Each week will feature a sample case study from DECA’s competitive events. Check it out!
- Video Features – Curating all video content in one location, most on-demand videos will feature discussion questions.
The site also brings together the digital and print versions of DECA Direct once and for all — making decadirect.org the only go-to source for DECA news and stories. The March/April 2021 issue, will be the final traditional DECA Direct magazine.
Did You Know?
The DECA Distributor magazine debuted in 1947, followed by the launch of New Dimensions in 1981. In 1991, the name was changed to Dimensions and after 20 years became DECA Direct the magazine in 2012. DECA Direct Online launched at the same time, and this current reimagination marks the third rendition. This new site is the result of feedback from DECA’s Strategic Plan, High School Taskforce, Program Feedback Groups, Executive Officers, student members and staff, and in response to the ever-increasing digital consumption of media. The new site was developed by a DECA alum.
As DECA’s marketing manager, Danny is responsible for DECA’s brand, marketing and communications strategy. He specializes in visual design, integrated communications and leadership development, as well as live event production. Danny has worked for DECA since 2019.
As DECA’s chief program officer, Christopher leads an integrated team in the areas of educational program development, association and member services, educational conferences and advisor professional learning for both the high school and collegiate divisions. Christopher has worked for DECA since 2009.