The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award recognizes its members studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management for being academically prepared, community-oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
If you know an exceptional DECA leader, consider recognizing them with the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award. The application window is open from February 1, 2024, until March 31, 2024.
To qualify for the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award, a student must:
- A current DECA member
- Be a senior
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with a 4.0 being equal to an A)
- Complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- Participate in at least three of the areas listed under Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible and Experienced Leader
The procedures to submit an application are:
Member (Student) Process
- Members will log into their Student Portal in the Membership System
- Click the Emerging Honor Award Self Nomination Tab (only shows up to those in 12th grade). If you do not see the tab, click on the arrow to see more options
- Members will check beside each qualification they have met
- Members will sign the application, and it will be forwarded to their advisor
- Members can see if their application is pending, approved or denied
- Advisor will receive an email that a student has initiated an Emerging Leader Honor Award
- Advisor will log into the Membership System and navigate to the Emerging Honor Award Tab. If you do not see the tab, click on the arrow to see more options
- The advisor will see a status beside each student (awaiting approval, approved, denied, or a nominate button)
- Advisors can nominate a student using the nominate button on the Emerging Leader Honor Award Tab (only shows up for members in 12th grade).
Upon approval by the advisor and DECA Inc., advisors or members can download the certificate(s) and print their certificate through the membership system under the Emerging Leader Honor Award Tab.
The Emerging Leader Honor Award recipients will be recognized on DECA Direct Online.