An acclaimed program from the SIFMA Foundation, the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game™ is an online simulation that challenges teams with building and managing a $100,000 virtual investment portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Nearly 60 teams of participants managed all aspects of the portfolio including asset selection, buying and selling.
DECA congratulates the following top-ranking teams who participated in the first session of the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game. Rankings are based on percentage growth against the S&P 500. These participants also met the diversity requirement of holding at least one bond, one stock and one mutual fund by the last trade date.
Congratulations to the following Collegiate DECA members:
- David Fierro — South Mountain Community College, AZ — Advisor: Brian Smith
- Omar Chavez — South Mountain Community College, AZ — Advisor: Brian Smith
- Syed Ashar, Akshay Jagadeesh & Ashish Siripuram — University of Texas at Dallas, TX — Advisor: Thomas Henderson
- Zach Zaharias — University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, WI — Advisor: Frank Lanko
- Sawyer Bengston, Stephen Solimeno & Eric Wells — Endicott College, MA — Advisor: Aileen Torrance
- Jonathan Boulanger, Alexander Pratt, Asilah Golaub — Nova Southeastern University, FL — Advisor: Vijay Patel
- Anakin Williams — Pittsburgh Technical College, PA — Advisor: Tracie Brady
- Evan Hoier — University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, WI — Advisor: Frank Lanko
- Elizabeth Lopez — University of Mary, ND — Advisor: Myron Schulz
- Brendon Salander — Mayville State University, ND — Advisor: Dustin Olson
There is still another opportunity to participate in the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game! The second session of the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game will begin on January 25, 2021 through April 9, 2021.
As DECA’s competitive events specialist, Randi primarily authors role-play scenarios for the collegiate and high school division’s competitive events programs. She also serves as DECA’s liaison for the Virtual Business Challenge and Stock Market Game. Randi assists with the recruitment of judges for both the high school and collegiate International Career Development Conferences. Randi has worked for DECA since 1998.