Are you a rising upperclassman ready to begin your college search? As the world begins to return to normalcy, colleges are inviting you back onto campus for visits and tours! Check out this quick guide to make the best of your college visits!
Before Your Visit:
- Sign up for a one-on-one meeting with admissions representatives if the college offers them.
- Check to see if there are any special instructions about parking/entering campus.
- Reach out to any current students to get your questions answered.
During Your Visit:
- Ask questions! Don’t be shy to ask your tour guide any question you may have–that’s what they are there.
- Talk to other prospective students in your tour group–they could be your classmates one day.
- Note down any specific dorms, buildings or unique attractions that interest you on campus to research more about later.
After Your Visit:
- Grab a bite near the campus to get a feel for food in the area and the greater community.
- Buy some school swag from the campus store.
- Note down any important emails/phone numbers to contact to ask any questions after your visit.
Most importantly, remember to enjoy your trip! This could be your new home for four years, so soak it all in to truly get a feel for student life!