Get a head start on the 2023-2024 competition season with DECA's competitive event topics and resources for business operations research, professional selling, hospitality and tourism professional selling, and financial consulting.
The 2023-2024 topic for each career category is the development of a strategy to combat the talent challenge. Businesses today are facing labor shortages across all industries. Participants will collaborate with a local business or organization to analyze the current process for recruiting, hiring, onboarding and retaining employees. Participants will then create and present a strategic plan to attract and retain employees.
- Hiring, innovation remain key manufacturing priorities
- Southwest Airlines Cancellations Highlight Ripple Effects Of Labor Shortages
- Amid labor shortage WA aerospace plants hire untapped talent
- Understanding America’s Labor Shortage: The Most Impacted Industries
- Labor Shortages Forecast to Persist for Years
- Worker shortages are fueling America’s biggest labor crises
- Why the labor shortage will stick around — and is good news for worker pay
- Building your employee retention machine
- The ‘quiet quitting’ phenomenon created a monster. Here’s what HR should really be paying attention to
- Lowe’s philanthropic arm introduces new training program for those aspiring to skilled trades
- Retailers’ Wage Competition Is Still Hot
- The four-day workweek: Why Amplitude tried it and wants to make it permanent
- Find employees who stay for the long haul
For 2023-2024, you will assume the role of a financial consultant. A small-business client has scheduled a meeting with you because they would like to add a peer-to-peer payment platform option for their customers. The client would like you to share and explain different peer-to-peer platforms and make a recommendation that will have a positive financial impact.
- 4 P2P Payment Platforms for Businesses and How to Use Them
- Why Small Businesses Need Online Payment Apps
- Top Peer-to-Peer Payment Apps: Pros, Cons and How to Use Them
- The Truth About Those Peer-to-Peer Payment Apps
- Peer-to-peer payment apps like Venmo, Cash, PayPal are booming. Do you still need a bank?
- What Are Peer-to-Peer Payments?
- Best Payment Apps for Small Businesses
- 3 ways Merchants can implement P2P payments for their business
For 2023-2024, you will assume the role of a sales manager for a glamping resort. You are meeting with the CEO of a company that is hosting a retreat for its 12 employees and their immediate families. During the meeting, you should discuss, at a minimum, the setting, accommodations, dining and activities. This meeting is very important to the CEO, who is also wanting to host an annual kick-off meeting during the retreat in a creative meeting space for only the 12 employees.
- Glamping Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Accommodation (Cabins & Pods, Tents, Yurts, Treehouses), By Age Group, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 - 2030
- Tapping Into the Growth of the Glamping Industry
- How glamping became China’s hottest new travel trend
- Camping, Glamping Make the Great Outdoors More Popular Than Ever
For 2023-2024, you will assume the role of a sales representative for a company that specializes in assisting clients with social media selling strategies. Social selling is a sales method that practices incorporating social networks into every stage of the sales process. A large part of the customer experience now takes place on social media and in more casual communication channels. You have a meeting scheduled with the owner of a local retail boutique to present the services your company can provide for expanding their company’s social media selling strategies.
- Small businesses are seeing organic success on TikTok
- Ad spending on TikTok defies advertising slowdown
- 15 Social Media Trends Smart Marketers Will Leverage In 2023
- Biggest Social Media Trends in 2023
- Top 5 social media trends for 2023
- 10 Social Media Selling Strategies | The Ultimate Guide to Social Selling
DECA does not necessarily endorse content from the above external links.