Congratulations to the following chapters selected to receive the VBC-DECA Hotel Challenge Curriculum Grant provided by the J. Willard & Alice S. Marriott Foundation. The curriculum grant will begin with the 2021-2022 academic year and will continue for three years.
The foundation strives to increase the knowledge and skills of the hotel industry for high school students nationwide by providing much-needed curriculum to schools and offering student scholarships who exhibit an interest in hospitality careers.
The Virtual Business Challenge (VBC)–DECA Hotel Challenge aims to build awareness of career opportunities in the hospitality industry. To accomplish this goal, The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation funded the development of the VBC-DECA Hotel Challenge, provides curriculum materials to 33 DECA chapters each year, and awards student travel scholarships that remove barriers to participation at DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC).
Additionally, all chapters being awarded the grant will receive a license to Nepris, a digital platform that allows educators and students to connect with industry professionals around the world.
Congratulations to the following schools:
- Decatur High School (AL)
- Northridge High School (AL)
- Royal Palm Beach High School (FL)
- Edward H. White High School (FL)
- Spanish River High School (FL)
- Houston County High School (GA)
- Tripoli High School (IA)
- Trigg County High School (KY)
- North Hardin High School (KY)
- Graves County High School (KY)
- West St. John High School (LA)
- Oxford Hills Technical School (ME)
- Richmond High School (MI)
- Lakeshore High School (MI)
- Little Falls Community High School (MN)
- Kennett Career and Tech Center (MO)
- East Newton High School (MO)
- Diamond High School (MO)
- Gulfport High School (MS)
- South Mecklenburg High School (NC)
- South Brunswick High School (NC)
- Gadsden High School (NM)
- Highland High School (NM)
- East Career and Technical Academy (NV)
- Lockport High School (NY)
- Toledo E. L. Bowsher High School (OH)
- Harry S. Truman High School (PA)
- Haywood High School (TN)
- Bryan Adams High School (TX)
- Jack C. Hays High School (TX)
- Pine View High School (UT)
- Kelso High School (WA)
- Kamiak High School (WA)
Best wishes to students from these schools as they explore the many careers available in the hospitality industry!