Collegiate DECA members are invited to participate in the first round of the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game (SMG) which kicks off on September 11, 2023.
Participants in the Collegiate DECA SMG, provided by the SIFMA Foundation, develop and manage a virtual investment portfolio. The competition is conducted online and challenges teams of Collegiate DECA members to test their investment acumen against each other. The goal of the competition is to increase the value of the beginning portfolio while maintaining a diversified mix of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
The event is open to all Collegiate DECA members, giving them an opportunity to compete virtually against Collegiate DECA members all across the United States and Canada. The top ten teams from both the fall and spring Collegiate sessions will be recognized by Collegiate DECA for their accomplishments.
Collegiate DECA advisors will be given access to the SIFMA Foundation’s Teacher Support Center upon registration for the competition. The Teacher Support Center houses a wealth of free financial education curriculum for advisors including videos, activities, fact sheets and more. Register now to gain access, or use these tools to get started:
- The New SMG Essentials Syllabus is a 10-session track for advisors to easily teach financial education and investing. Each session includes mini-lesson videos, team breakout activities, and discussion questions.
- SMG Prep Week recorded webinars covers program basics to our new curriculum dropping in the Teacher Support Center.
- SMG Essential Mini-Lesson videos include intro to investing, risk, diversification and more! All videos are 3-6 mins long and have Exit Tickets.
- SMG Training videos include a trading portfolio overview, the national rules, and how to enter stock, mutual fund and bond trades.
- Competition Begins: Monday, September 11 at 9:30 a.m. ET
- Student Name Submission: Monday, September 30 at 4 p.m. ET
- Asset Diversification: Friday, October 5 at 4 p.m. ET – Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4 p.m. ET
- Competition Ends: Friday, November 17 at 4 p.m. ET
- Portfolio Deletion: Monday, May 13