Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game Session 1 Winners Announced
An acclaimed program from the SIFMA Foundation, the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game™ is an online simulation that challenges teams with building and managing a $100,000 virtual investment portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Over 40 teams of participants managed all aspects of the portfolio including asset selection, buying and selling.
DECA congratulates the following top-ranking teams who participated in the first session of the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game. Rankings are based on percentage growth against the S&P 500 (learn more about the S&P 500 here). These participants also met the diversity requirement of holding at least one bond, one stock and one mutual fund by the last trade date.
Congratulations to the following Collegiate DECA members:
- Karyna Sagalai – William Woods University (MO) – Advisor: David Forster
- David Dillie – Estrella Mountain Community College (AZ) – Advisor: Sylvia Ong
- Francisco Ortiz y Davis – Grand Canyon University (AZ) – Advisor: Kelly Damron
- Alexander Bates and Leilah Johnson – Stonehill College (MA) – Advisor: Alexander Bates
- Steven Miller – Mississippi State University Meridian (MS) – Advisor: Stacey McNeil
- Peyton Crays – University of Pittsburgh at Bradford (PA) – Advisor: Dr. Lorna Hardin
- Richard DuBois – Johnson & Wales University (CO) – Advisor: Jeff Gilbert
- Nick Summers and Adam Hanewall – University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (WI) – Advisor: Frank Lanko
- Jason Baesel – Bellevue College (WA) – Advisor: Kyle Barber
- Chet Morgan – St. Cloud State University (MN) – Advisor: Brian Wilson
There is still another opportunity to participate in the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game! The second session of the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game will convene February 3, 2020 through April 10, 2020.