Thank you for your interest in helping MDA with our fundraising efforts! Volunteer support makes a difference for people living with muscular dystrophy, ALS and related neuromuscular diseases by strengthening our mission and expanding our reach. Volunteers are an essential and enduring cornerstone of MDA’s legacy.
MDA Pinup Campaigns work directly with retail partners to raise funds and awareness for MDA and the community we serve. These campaigns have raised more than $330 million in their 40-year history. MDA is seeking DECA members to volunteer and assist with the success of these campaigns.
What You Would Do
- Report to an Account Manager
- Call participating campaign locations and speak with the store manager. MDA partners could be anything from convenience locations and restaurants to grocery stores located within the United States.
- Action Steps: Add notes to the Excel spreadsheet from the Call-Place call.
- MDA tries to make three calls to each partner location during the campaign. Calls typically last 1 to 5 minutes, and the message varies per call.
- First Call: prior to the campaign start date. Thank the partner and confirm that supplies have been received.
- Second Call: midway way through the campaign. Thank the partner and check on supplies.
- Third Call: after completion of the campaign. Thank partner.
- Age Requirement: 16 years old and older
- Complete a 2-hour training program in January. Each volunteer is expected to complete online training/videos, which will take approximately an hour. After this training, the volunteer will meet with a Retail Partner Volunteer Lead to do a virtual training, which is approximately an hour.
- Volunteer as little as 2-4 hours each week from the end of January through mid-April.
Training is broken out into pre-recorded videos and virtual training with an Account Manager. After training, MDA works with the volunteer to ensure an understanding of their role and to make sure the volunteer has everything they need to be successful. Additionally, accountability guidelines are in place to keep the volunteer on track and motivated for a successful volunteer experience.
This is a great volunteer role that will provide you with volunteer hours as well as experience working with a national non-profit organization and its business partners through a fundraising campaign.
Volunteers are a vital component of these campaigns as they call our dedicated partners to make sure they have the supplies they need, offer support, thank them, remind them how each donation supports MDA families, and act as a bridge between them and MDA. The time commitment for DECA participants has flexibility and can be as little as 2-4 hours a week. The biggest volunteer need is for MDA’s Shamrock Campaign; it begins at the end of January and runs through mid-April.
Funds raised through MDA go towards groundbreaking research, life-enhancing educational programs, a resource center, advocacy, and support for multi-disciplinary medical teams at MDA Care Centers nationwide. They also help send kids to an empowering experience at MDA Summer Camp - all at no cost to their families.
Contact MDA's team for more information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 208-284-6832
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 989-413-3878
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 615-720-2495