Congratulations to the following chapters selected to receive the VBC-DECA Hotel Challenge Curriculum Grant provided by the J. Willard & Alice S. Marriott Foundation. The curriculum grant will begin with the 2020-2021 school year and will continue for three years.
The Foundation strives to increase the knowledge and skills of the hotel industry for high school students nationwide by providing much-needed curriculum to schools and offering student scholarships who exhibit an interest in hospitality careers.
The Virtual Business Challenge (VBC) – DECA Hotel Challenge aims to build awareness of career opportunities in the hospitality industry. To accomplish this goal, The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation funded the development of the VBC-DECA Hotel Challenge, provides curriculum materials to 33 DECA chapters each year, and awards student travel scholarships that remove barriers to participation at DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC).
Additionally, all chapters being awarded the grant will receive a three-year license to Nepris, a digital platform that allows educators and students to connect with industry professionals around the world.
Congratulations to the following schools:
- Siloam Springs High School (Arkansas)
- Vista Grande High School (Arizona)
- Naugatuck High School (Connecticut)
- Portland High School (Connecticut)
- Milford High School (Delaware)
- Worth County High School (Georgia)
- Logan County High School (Kentucky)
- St Amant High School (Louisiana)
- University View Academy (Louisiana)
- Eden Valley-Watkins High School (Minnesota)
- Garinger High School (North Carolina)
- Rolesville High School (North Carolina)
- North Buncombe High School (North Carolina)
- Manchester Central High School (New Hampshire)
- Clovis High School (New Mexico)
- Southeast Career Technical Academy (Nevada)
- Academy of Finance and Enterprise (New York)
- Patchogue-Medford High School (New York)
- Withrow University High School (Ohio)
- Port Clinton High School (Ohio)
- Stow-Munroe Falls High School (Ohio)
- Phoenix High School (Oregon)
- Overton High School (Tennessee)
- Port Isabel High School (Texas)
- Mexia High School (Texas)
- Klein Forest High School (Texas)
- Berkner High School (Texas)
- Porter High School (Texas)
- Pulaski County High School (Virginia)
- Potomac Falls High School (Virginia)
- Highland High School (Washington)
- Wausau East High School (Washington)
- Poca High School (West Virginia)
Best wishes to students from these schools as they explore the many careers available in the hospitality industry!
As DECA’s grants program director, Diane serves as the liaison with DECA’s premier grant partners and works closely with DECA chapters who have been selected as recipients of the grants. Diane has worked for DECA since 2015.