DECA’s business partners include corporations, foundations, associations, colleges and universities that seek to support the development of leaders and entrepreneurs! DECA’s partners aim to make DECA’s members more college and career-ready by enhancing the co-curricular classroom experience by providing real-world application to learning.
With that, seven of our corporate partners are offering challenges for our high school division members. Each challenge has a unique focus and a specific set of required tasks and timelines. The top performers of each challenge will receive on-stage recognition at the DECA International Career Development Conference in Anaheim this upcoming April.
Below is a list of our Corporate Challenges, links to get more information, what they each entail and important dates. You’ll also hear from a challenge winner from the 2022 Disability is Diversity Challenge.
- DECA at the Bell episodes need to be 3-5 minutes long with 1-3 members on each team!
- This Corporate Challenge started on Friday, September 1st and will conclude on Friday, November 3rd.
- Members get to develop a social media campaign and prepare a one-minute video with 1- 4 members on each team.
- This Corporate Challenge starts on Wednesday, November 1st and will conclude on Tuesday, November 21st.
- Members can showcase their digital skills using a Virtual Business simulation in a concise one-to-two-minute presentation. The top finalists will have the chance to deliver their projects online live. With that, this challenge must be completed individually.
- This Corporate Challenge starts on Monday, January 1st and will conclude on Wednesday, January 31st.
- Members will create a captivating four-minute video with 1-3 members on each team!
- This Corporate Challenge started on Friday, September 1st and will conclude on Thursday, February 1st.
- Members get to put together a fundraising campaign, social media component and four-minute video! Each entry can be composed of 1-4 members on each team!
- This Corporate Challenge started on Friday, September 1st and will conclude on Tuesday, February 6th.
- Members get to participate in a virtual simulation in individual teams!
- This Corporate Challenge starts on Tuesday, February 6th and will conclude on Friday, March 1st.
- Members will put together a four-minute video with 1-4 members on each team!
- This Corporate Challenge starts on Monday, October 2nd and will conclude on Friday, February 16th.
For the Disability is Diversity Challenge, Ms. Seraphina Shutt, North Carolina’s current Blue Ridge Region Vice President, was a selected winner. She was recognized at DECA’s 2022 ICDC in Atlanta! She was able to share her insight and advice on Corporate Challenges. Most importantly, she highlighted why members should participate!
When I competed in the MDA challenge, I made a tangible difference by raising hundreds of dollars for this organization. My advice when competing in these challenges is to start early and do your research. I recommend competing in these challenges because they teach you skills you do not learn in the classroom. They allow you to make a difference, and who knows? You may win first place in your freshman year like I did!
As shown, DECA’s Corporate Challenges provide members with the incredible opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom! On behalf of this year’s High School Division Executive Officer Team, I highly recommend that all members consider participating this year!