We are excited to announce the 2021-2022 DECA scholarship program is open.
DECA’s scholarship program provides over $200,000 in scholarships to high school and college DECA members at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) each year. Many corporate partners of DECA provide scholarships through the DECA scholarship program. DECA Inc. administers the program based on guidelines set by the donor. DECA scholarships are mostly merit-based.
Below is an overview of the companies/organizations that support DECA’s scholarship program:
Career Interest and/or Employment-Based
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA) - Finance
- Hilton Worldwide - Hospitality
- Publix Supermarkets, Inc. - Employment
- Whataburger - Restaurant/Culinary/Food Services
School-based Enterprises (SBE)
- Aspire Bakeries, LLC (Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc.)
- National Geographic Learning/Cengage
- DECA Inc.
- DECA Regions – Central, North Atlantic, Southern and Western
- M&M Productions USA
- National Society of High School Scholars (Must also be a member of the student organization)
- National Technical Honors Society (Must also be a member of the student organization)
In addition, many colleges and universities that partner with DECA offer scholarships to DECA members. These can be found here.
The deadline for online submission is January 14, 2022. DECA members apply through the DECA membership system and click on “Student Member Portal.” Only current submitted DECA members may apply, using their membership ID # and password. Once logged into the student member portal, they will click on the “Apply for Scholarships” button at the top.
Once in the scholarship portal, the student will complete their profile and click “Submit” at the bottom. After submitting their profile, the scholarship applications will populate, which they may apply for any scholarships that they meet the criteria.
Below are some tips as you complete your scholarship profile and scholarship application(s).
- You must be a current, registered DECA member to apply for DECA scholarships.
- Include as much detail as possible in your scholarship profile. For example, in the competitive events detail box, include what event you competed in, if you placed in the event and at what level (district, association, etc.) This information carries over to each application that you apply for.
- Make sure you click “submit” at the bottom of your profile so that changes will be saved.
- Scholarship applications will populate once you submit your profile.
- You can edit your profile at any time, which will update information on your application(s), providing you haven’t submitted your application(s).
- Only apply to scholarships that match your college/career interests or to which you meet the criteria.
- You can save your applications and complete them later by clicking the “Save and Finish Later” button at the end of the application. Be aware that the scholarship program will time out after 20 minutes of non-usage.
- Check for accuracy and remember to proofread. Sometimes when you copy and paste information from other documents into your profile or scholarship application, the formatting can be skewed or special characters may appear.
- Ask someone else to review and give feedback on your application.
- Make sure you click the submit button for each application.
- If you don’t receive an email from DECA confirming your application was received, check to make sure the application was submitted.
Remember to submit your application before January 14, 2022!
As DECA’s director of sponsorships, Cindy’s responsibilities include developing corporate partnerships and serving as the liaison between DECA Inc. and its partnering organizations. Cindy also manages DECA’s scholarship program, coordinates advertising and exhibits, and works with special event fundraising activities. Cindy has worked for DECA since 1991.