The Emerging Leader Summit, in Washington, D.C., offers DECA’s emerging leaders worldwide the experience of a lifetime, where you will have the opportunity to network, connect, learn and improve your leadership skills! Get ready to kick off the year and achieve #MaxMomentum at ELS!
Don't know what to pack for your D.C. getaway? For first-time travelers and flyers, here is a helpful list to help you with your planning and packing process!
- This is the most important item to bring as you won't get past airport security without it! It would be a bummer for you to forget this at home, so triple-check that you have this with you and easily accessible.
- 1-2 business professional outfits. This should consist of dress slacks, dress skirt, business dress, collared dress shirt, dress blouse, dress shoes, and appropriate neckwear (necktie, ascot, scarf).
- Nylons. If you are wearing a dress or skirt, make sure to wear nylons.
- DECA Blazer. This is a DECA staple to have and bring along with you during ELS!
DECA Business Casual
- 2 business casual outfits. Casual slacks, blouse, shirt or polo, socks and casual shoes.
- Jeans, t-shirts and athletic shoes are not business casual attire
Pajamas + Undergarments
- Pack enough for 2-3 nights. You can never go wrong with packing extra!
- 3-5 pairs of socks
- 2-3 casual outfits. Washington, D.C. tends to be hot and humid, so check your favorite weather app and plan accordingly.
- Dress shoes
- Casual shoes/sneakers or other comfortable footwear. For evening activities and travel days, wearing comfortable footwear is crucial.
Please keep in mind that you are only permitted to carry 3.4 ounces of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes when flying.
- Face cleansers/lotions
- Hair products
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal hygiene products
- Spending money
- Portable charger
- Regular charger
- Small purse or bag
- Hand sanitizer
- Face masks