Through a generous contribution from the J. Willard & Alice S. Marriott Foundation, DECA is able to provide registration scholarships to high school DECA members to participate in the 2021 Virtual International Career Development Conference (ICDC). Scholarships are available for competitors at $55 each and for leadership participants at $35 each.
Competitors must complete the competitor application, demonstrate the need for assistance and be competing during the 2021 DECA ICDC in one of the following competitive events:
- Hotel and Lodging Management Series Event (HLM)
- Hospitality Services Team Decision Making Event (HTDM)
- Hospitality and Tourism Operations Research Event (HTOR)
- Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling Event (HTPS)
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Event (PHT)
- Quick Serve Restaurant Management Series Event (QSRM)
- Restaurant and Food Service Management Series Event (RFSM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making Event (STDM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Series Event (SEM)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Operations Research Event (SEOR)
- Travel and Tourism Team Decision Making Event (TTDM)
- Virtual Business Challenge Hotel Management (VBCHM)
- Virtual Business Challenge Restaurant (VBCRS)
- Virtual Business Challenge Sports (VBCSP)
Leadership participants must complete the leadership application, demonstrate the need for assistance, and be participating in DECA ICDC 2021.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online by March 26, 2021, at 5:00 PM ET.
The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation was established in 1965 with the purpose of giving back to the community. Under the current direction of J.W. Marriott, Jr. and Richard E. Marriott, the Marriott Foundation is dedicated to helping youth secure a promising future, especially through education on the secondary and higher education levels, mentoring and youth leadership programs.
As DECA’s grants program director, Diane serves as the liaison with DECA’s premier grant partners and works closely with DECA chapters who have been selected as recipients of the grants. Diane has worked for DECA since 2015.