Demonstrate your creativity by producing the next big cause marketing idea for the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation (NPCF). DECA chapters can participate with up to four-member teams to develop a creative and unique fundraising campaign with NPCF branding. The fundraising campaign must have an uplifting and hopeful theme with a social media component and video.
Join National Pediatric Cancer Foundation on December 13 to learn more about the Social Impact Leader of Tomorrow Challenge, get your questions answered, and learn how you can help find a cure for pediatric cancer.
The top three teams will be recognized on DECA Direct Online and on stage during DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Orlando, Florida. Each team will receive a travel stipend (1st place $2,000; 2nd and 3rd place $1,000) to attend ICDC.
Extra incentive prizes and challenge points will be provided to teams who raise a minimum of $43 (to honor the 43 children diagnosed with cancer each day in the U.S.).
- Challenge Begins: September 2022 (Pediatric Cancer Month)
- Challenge Registration Deadline: February 7, 2023
- Top 3 Teams Announced: February 21, 2023
- Top 3 Teams Travel to ICDC: April 22-25, 2023*
*Eligibility to attend DECA’s ICDC is determined by the chartered association advisor based on their rules and regulations. Finalists should consult with their chartered association advisor for eligibility guidelines and gain approval from their chapter advisor to attend the conference.
Follow the below steps to sign up for the fundraising component of the challenge:
- Visit nationalpcf.org/deca.
- Click the orange “Start Fundraising Today” button.
- Click “Log In or Sign Up"
- Select your chapter's state
- Select "DECA Fundraising" and either Individual or Start a Team.
If you are the first to register, click “Start A School Team”
- If there will be more than one challenge entry from your chapter, put "School Name" followed by “Challenge Team 1, 2, etc.” as the team name.
- Fill out the personal information.
- Once you get to the review and complete your registration page, click the grey “Add Additional Registrants” to easily add the rest of your teammates.
- Once all teammates are added, click “Complete Registration”.
The National Pediatric Cancer Foundation is dedicated to funding research to eliminate childhood cancer. Our focus is to find less toxic, more effective treatments through a unique collaborative research initiative called the Sunshine Project. We currently continue this collaborative research model with 30 hospital partners and leading scientists. Since its inception, the NPCF has donated over $30 million to research and has funded over 28 project initiatives.
Christy Rutherford is DECA's education manager. She enhances and manages an educational framework for DECA’s comprehensive learning program ensuring that all student programs are aligned to National Curriculum Standards. Christy also leads the advisor professional learning series and programs to support local chapter advisors.