DECA is excited to announce the Intuit Innovation Challenge. A premier DECA event during Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), the Intuit Innovation Challenge is a hands-on design thinking project, daring students around the globe to innovate for impact to help reverse the effect of global warming.
Through the challenge, teams will apply Intuit’s design thinking methodology, Design for Delight, to develop an innovative sustainability solution. Teams will demonstrate their use of the design thinking process through a three-minute video presentation that brings to life their process and outcomes. The presentations should include their experiences with empathy, brainstorming and coming up with the solution, as well as experimentation within their community.
Form your team and submit your entry by November 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- This event consists of one major part: the video presentation.
- Each event entry will be composed of three to five students. Team members must be in the same education category:
- Elementary and Middle School (ages 6 to 13 years)
- High School (ages 14 to 18 years)
- College or University (ages 18 years and above)
- DECA membership is not a requirement to participate.
- The participants will then present their pitch in a video that is a maximum of three minutes in length posted on YouTube.
- Videos over three minutes in length will not be evaluated and will not be eligible for awards.
- The participants must fully complete and submit the online registration form at deca.org/challenges no later than November 23, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET to be eligible for awards. Late entries and entries over three minutes will not be accepted.
- Challenge Overview Video
- Challenge Guidelines
- Educator Toolkit
- Design Thinking & Customer Driven Innovation Video
- Additional Resources
The three global winning teams, one from each educational category, will be announced on decadirect.org on January 12, 2021.
- Elementary and Middle School - $1,000 per winning team
- High School - $1,000 per winning team
- College or University - $1,000 per winning team
- November 13, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. EST – Intuit Innovation Challenge opens
- November 16, 2020 – Global Entrepreneurship Week begins
- November 23, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST – Submissions due
- January 12, 2021 – Winners announced
About Global Entrepreneurship Week
Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare. During one week each November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them take the next step in their entrepreneurial journey. These activities, from large-scale competitions and events to intimate networking gatherings, connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors — introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities. Learn more by visiting genglobal.org/gew.
As DECA’s leadership specialist, Debbie implements a comprehensive student leadership program for both the high school and college divisions. She is responsible for the Emerging Leader Series, executive officer teams and elections, and student recognition programs like the Collegiate DECA Leadership Passport Program and DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award. Debbie has worked for DECA since 2019.