This year, we want students to join us and “Lead with a Cause” through the “Lead with a Cause: Intuit Social Innovation Challenge. The challenge engages students to design an innovative solution to increase access to entrepreneurship for underrepresented groups.
Pre-registration by November 8, 2021, is required to participate. Sign up here.
Just some of the problems you are trying to solve:
- Only 1.2 percent of funding raised by startups in the first half of 2021 went to Black founders.
- 90 percent of LatinX entrepreneurs struggle to access the capital and support they need to launch and grow.
- All-women teams received just 2.3 percent of all venture capital dollars in 2020.
- California, Massachusetts and New York made up 73.1 percent of venture funding in the U.S. last year.
- Advisor Informational Session: November 5,2021 at 12:00 p.m.ET
- Registration Deadline: November 8, 2021
- Kick-off Event: November 15, 2021
- Challenge Submission Deadline: January 14, 2022
- Finalists Selected: January 21, 2022
Finalist teams will be paired with mentors and receive a stipend to improve upon their idea or their education in this field.
- Final Competition: March 18, 2022
Finalists will test their solution and present their findings on February 18 to a panel of judges who will award the top prize to the champions
- Winners Announced: March 25, 2022
Intuit wants DECA members with bold visions to take on these real-world challenges. You will learn design thinking and entrepreneurship skills from Intuit along the way, and become leaders for your community.Intuit and DECA are proud to team up and share an exciting opportunity to compete with other high school groups across the U.S. and Canada to make entrepreneurship and business ownership accessible for all.