Intuit and DECA are proud to team up and share an exciting opportunity to compete with other high school groups across the U.S. and Canada to make entrepreneurship and business ownership accessible for all.
This November, we want students to join us and “Lead with a Cause” through the “Lead with a Cause: Intuit Social Innovation Challenge. The challenge engages students to design an innovative solution to increase access to entrepreneurship for underrepresented groups.
Pre-registration by October 31, 2021, is required to participate. Sign up here.
Just some of the problems you are trying to solve:
- Only 1.2 percent of funding raised by startups in the first half of 2021 went to Black founders.
- 90 percent of LatinX entrepreneurs struggle to access the capital and support they need to launch and grow.
- All-women teams received just 2.3 percent of all venture capital dollars in 2020.
- California, Massachusetts and New York made up 73.1 percent of venture funding in the U.S. last year.
- Challenge Begins: November 1, 2021
- Challenge Deadline: December 10, 2021
- Finalists Selected: December 17, 2021
Finalist teams will be paired with mentors and receive a stipend to improve upon their idea or their education in this field.
- Final Competition: February 18, 2022
Finalists will test their solution and present their findings on February 18 to a panel of judges who will award the top prize to the champions.
Intuit wants DECA members with bold visions to take on these real-world challenges. You will learn design thinking and entrepreneurship skills from Intuit along the way, and become leaders for your community.
As DECA’s chief program officer, Christopher leads an integrated team in the areas of educational program development, association and member services, educational conferences and advisor professional learning for both the high school and collegiate divisions. Christopher has worked for DECA since 2009.