The 2021-2022 DECA chapter campaigns are here to help you maximize your chapter activities! Encourage students to engage your community and grow membership by participating in one or more of DECA’s five chapter campaigns.
Each campaign has unique criteria described in the DECA Chapter Campaign Guidebook. The campaigns feature five categories including Membership, Promotional, Community Service, Ethical Leadership (new this year!) and Advocacy.
The updated Chapter Campaign Guidebook gives a detailed overview and features helpful tools to assist you in the process. Below are some tips and tricks to help you and your chapter strategically tackle each one.
- Review requirements and deadlines. Make sure to read the guidebook carefully as each campaign has its own deadlines and requirements. For instance, the Membership, Promotional, Community Service and Ethical Leadership campaigns are all due on December 1, 2021, but the Advocacy campaign is due on March 1, 2022.
- Get creative. The guidebook comes equipped with suggestions on how to incorporate chapter campaigns into your classroom and chapter. Review DECA’s suggested ideas and then decide which ones sound the most feasible. But don’t stop there – think outside of the box and brainstorm your own, unique blueprint!
- Create an action plan. One of the guidebook’s greatest assets is the student worksheet that follows each campaign's description. This allows students to visually plan out their target activities, jot down ideas and collaborate with others. Utilize this awesome feature to come up with the best approach for your chapter campaigns!
What happens once the campaigns are completed?
- Chapters can earn the Achievement Level by meeting the requirements in any ONE of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns (Promotional, Community Service or Ethical Leadership) and receive a pennant and certificate.
- Or, chapters can earn the Thrive Level by meeting the requirements in any TWO of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and three allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at #DECAICDC.
- Additionally, for the Membership Campaign, chapters can earn the Achievement Level by meeting the requirements in any ONE of the categories (students, alumni or professionals) of the Membership Campaign and receive a pennant and certificate. Or, chapters can also earn the Thrive Level by meeting the requirements in any TWO of the categories and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and three allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at #DECAICDC.
As you begin to map out your campaign strategies, don’t forget to use this year’s guidebook as a tool and resource!
As DECA’s chief program officer, Christopher leads an integrated team in the areas of educational program development, association and member services, educational conferences and advisor professional learning for both the high school and collegiate divisions. Christopher has worked for DECA since 2009.