This November, DECA members will take over Scottsdale, Arizona for the 2021 Western Region Leadership Conference. The conference will be full of fun, learning and memories, but it doesn't end with the sessions and workshops. Check out the below ways to make your WRLC experience unforgettable!
Places to eat:
- If you are looking for a quick bite to eat, check out the Roaring Fork, a wood-fired cooking restaurant. It is 0.5 miles from the conference location and serves food with a modern, western ambiance.
- A very aesthetic and beautiful dining option is The Canal Club. This restaurant is located 0.5 miles away from the conference location and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with an elevated Cuban-inspired flair.
- If you are craving fine Italian dining, check out Franco’s Italian Caffe. This dining option is 1.1 miles from the conference location and is a relatively new addition to Scottsdale.
- Paul Martin’s American Grill is a restaurant on the fancier side that serves various kinds of food. This dining option is 0.9 miles from the conference center and is a wonderful choice for group dining.
Places to appreciate the town:
- A great place to get a new perspective of the west is Western Spirit Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. This Smithsonian affiliate museum is 1.6 miles from the conference and will allow you to immerse yourself in stories that have the power to inspire. The museum celebrates the art, history and unique stories of the American West.
- The Old Adobe Mission is located near shopping centers and only 1.6 miles from the conference location. It is a beautiful historic landmark and hand-built in the 1900s.
- If you want to know more about the city of Scottsdale, check out the Scottsdale Historical Museum. It is located 1.5 miles from the conference and shares the city’s history through photos, artifacts and changing displays.
- Also, only 1.5 miles from the conference location is the Model Railroad Historical Society. Here you can explore functional model railroad displays and find a new appreciation for railroading.
Picture perfect locations:
- Wonderspaces Arizona presents extraordinary artwork from artists all around the world. Wonderspaces is a 17-minute walk from the conference location and offers a great opportunity for picture taking with friends or appreciating the always-changing exhibits.
- Selfie WRLD Scottsdale is a 19-minute walk from the conference and is located in the Scottdale Fashion Square. Check out this unique experience which is full of fun, eye-catching and interactive art installations. Selfie WRLD is perfect for amazing photos, laughs and fun.
- Camelback Park is a location with a view. Only 1.2 miles from the conference location, you can enjoy the lake, wildlife and Camelback Mountain.
- Old Town Scottsdale is perfect for immersing yourself in the history of the city. Located downtown, the neighborhood is packed with galleries, restaurants, shops and unusual locations. This fun spot is 1.3 miles from the conference location and is sure to provide lots of great photo opportunities.
*Due to the constantly changing environment, restaurants and other places of business may have modified hours or limited capacity. Please contact individual businesses directly for more information.