DECA Inc. is pleased to announce an advisor professional learning virtual conference for July 26-27, 2022.
DECA advisors are always looking for fresh ideas and resources as they prepare for a new school year. DECA invites our chapter advisors to this virtual experience to help your chapter get the edge!
Virtual sessions will take place between 12:15 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. ET each day. Put together your own two-day schedule or drop in for just one session. You drive the professional learning you’ll receive.
- Chapter – Strategies to position your chapter for success.
- Classroom – Integrate DECA into your instruction.
- Compete – Help members to excel in all DECA activities and competitions.
- Connect – Best practices, methods and solutions to connect to business.
Registration and resources will be provided complimentary for DECA chapter advisors.
Have an idea to share?
We are looking for advisors to showcase their innovative and exceptional ideas that will help advisors get the edge in their classroom instruction and DECA chapter. Please consider sending in a proposal for a 45-minute session. Topic ideas include:
- Best Practices for Running a Chapter Meeting
- Recruitment Strategies
- School-based Enterprise Best Practices (Virtual Tour Optional)
- Create a Chapter Brand
- Facilitating Project Management with DECA
- Competition Preparation
- Strategies to Use DECA Competitive Events in the Classroom
- Implementation and Management of Chapter Officers
As DECA's education manager, Christy is responsible for enhancing an educational framework for DECA’s comprehensive learning program ensuring that all student programs are aligned to National Curriculum Standards. Christy’s extensive experience of more than 20 years in Career and Technical Education includes serving a business and marketing instructor and DECA advisor. Christy has worked for DECA since 2022.