DECA is excited to announce the new DECA Ethical Leadership Challenge hosted in partnership with MBA Research and with support from the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative High School Program.
In teams of up to four DECA members, develop a 60-second (or less) public service announcement (PSA) based on a specific target market segment and including at least one of the eight principles of ethical leadership. The PSA should be designed to educate your local community and those afar through social media about the importance of ethics.
Learn more about how to leverage your Ethical Leadership Challenge entries to tackle DECA's Ethical Leadership Campaign.
Register and upload your video on Votigo anytime from before 3:00 p.m. ET on December 1, 2021.
Here is how the challenge works:
- Teams can include one-four members and chapters can submit multiple PSA video entries.
- Your mission is to create a PSA video showcasing the importance of ethics. The video can be no more than 60 seconds.
- You will then share your PSA video on social media to create the most social buzz for your PSA while spreading your message.
- The “judges” are your social media fans, so enlist the help of your entire chapter’s network to “vote up” your PSA. We’ll also be sharing it on social media, inviting @decainc's followers to voice their opinion.
- The top 10 PSAs will then be evaluated against the criteria to determine the top five winners.
The top five teams will be recognized on DECA Direct Online and the top three teams will be recognized on stage during DECA’s International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, GA. In addition, the following cash prizes will be awarded to chapters:
- 1st place team ($2,500)
- 2nd place team ($1,500)
- 3rd place team ($1000)
- 4th place team ($750)
- 5th place team ($250)
- Entry Submission and Video Upload Begins: November 1, 2021
- Challenge Registration/Video Posted Deadline: December 1, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. ET
- Social Media Sharing & Voting: December 1 - December 15, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET (Share your concept on social media to generate votes for your video)
- Top 5 PSAs Announced: January, 2022
- Top 3 Teams Travel to ICDC: April 23-26, 2022*
*Eligibility to attend DECA’s ICDC is determined by the chartered association advisor based on their rules and regulations. Finalists should consult with their chartered association advisor for eligibility guidelines and also gain approval from their chapter advisor to attend the conference.
- Ethics activities
- PSA samples
- How to create a PSA
- PSA how-to guide for teachers
- How to write a PSA
- PSA tips
About MBA Research and the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative
MBA Research and Curriculum Center is dedicated to supporting educators in the preparation of students for careers in the areas of business administration, including Business Management, Finance, and Marketing and is a not-for-profit operated by a consortium of state education departments. The Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative delivers principle-based ethics education and reinforces the value of ethical business and personal conduct. Each of the Ethics Initiative's eight components utilizes a specific approach to reach its target audience. Funding for Ethics Initiative programs is provided through the Daniels Fund Grants Program.