Checklist for SBE Chapter Certification Submissions
The deadline for School-based Enterprise (SBE) Chapter Certification submissions is quickly approaching! Don’t miss your chance to certify your SBE for the 2020-2021 year.
Here are a few key reminders as you prepare to submit your project:
- SBEs must submit their documentation to DECA Inc. via the online submission site no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 11, 2021. All submissions must be uploaded via the website. Mailed submissions will not be accepted.
- Guidelines for chapter certification and chapter recertification are available here.
- More information about updates for the 2020-2021 guidelines is available here. Your SBE can pick whichever re-certification guidelines work best for you for 2020-2021. Re-certification Option A uses the traditional guidelines and Re-certification Option B is more flexible as many SBEs have had to change their business operations in light of COVID-19.
- If your SBE needs to reclassify or re-certify for an additional year due to having to alter business operations because of COVID-19, a waiver can be found here.
- Advisors should plan to log on early to become familiar with the site and be sure of their username and password (it’s the same one used to log-on to the DECA membership website.)
- Step-by-step instructions for submitting the project online are available here.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ section on page 7 – this may answer any questions you have!
- The Statement of Assurances is electronic – there is not a physical form that students need to sign. (Note: this is unique to the SBE Chapter Certification project. Other DECA written events still utilize the physical form.) Be sure to review the Statement of Assurances language found in the project guidelines with your students. Upon submitting the project online, advisors will be prompted to confirm their students read, understood, and abided by the requirements.
- Acceptable file types that can be uploaded to the submission website include JPEG, Word Doc, and PDF files. (If you’re attempting to upload one of the acceptable file types and it won’t successfully upload – the file may be too large.)
For questions, please contact Debbie Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.