Make a Difference with the MDA Muscle Corps
The Muscle Corps Program at the Muscular Dystrophy Association is rooted in our mission and our commitment to serving our young adults and community. This program gives students, advisors, and teachers the opportunity to positively impact the community. Our next session is set to launch this October.
Through the MDA Muscle Corps Program, students will grow and connect with our MDA community to think ethically and use innovation to solve problems with the skills they acquire. As a result, students learn to embrace servant leadership and social change as professional and personal philosophies.
- Interactive/Live: Weekly online course content (SharePoint), group chat (Teams), optional networking/debrief (Ring Central)
- On-Demand: Online course content (SharePoint)
Topics & Dates for Interactive/Live Session:
- Week 1: Lead with Purpose (10/5 – 10/9)
- Week 2: Success in Sales & Cause Raising (10/12 – 10/16)
- Week 3: Social Influencing for Good (10/19 – 10/23)
- Week 4: Wrap Up & Final Project (10/26 – 10/30)
Benefits of the Program:
- Students will earn 40 hours of community service upon completion of the program.
- Teachers are provided four weeks of course content and activities to facilitate on-demand with students.
- Enhance capacity, ability, and skills in intellectual development (e.g., problem-solving), basic skills acquisition (e.g., communication), career preparation and personal growth.
- Build relationships, value a sense of community and gain self-awareness.
- Impact MDA mission by cause raising $500/student.
To sign up, visit: MDA Muscle Corps–DECA Fall Enrollment by September 25, 2020.