Chapter Campaign Guidebook for 2020-2021 Now Available
Updated on November 23, 2020.
While this school year may look different for everyone, the 2020-2021 DECA chapter campaigns are here to help you start your year off strong! Encourage students to engage your community and grow membership by participating in one or more of DECA’s five chapter campaigns.
Each campaign has unique criteria described in the DECA Chapter Campaign Guidebook. This updated guidebook will help your team navigate each campaign in both a virtual and in-person school setting.
The campaigns feature five categories including Membership, Promotional, Global Entrepreneurship Week, Community Service and Advocacy.
The updated Chapter Campaign Guidebook gives a detailed overview and features helpful tools to assist you in the process. Below are some tips and tricks to help you and your chapter strategically tackle each one.
- Review requirements and deadlines. Make sure to read the guidebook carefully as each campaign has its own deadlines and requirements. For instance, the Membership, Promotional, Global Entrepreneurship Week and Community Service campaigns are all due on December 15, 2020 (Extended Deadline) but the Advocacy campaign is due on March 1, 2021.
- Brainstorm. The guidebook comes equipped with suggestions on how to incorporate chapter campaigns into the classroom as well as ideas on how to complete the campaigns from a virtual setting. Review DECA’s suggested ideas and then decide with your chapter which ones sound the most feasible. But don’t stop there – think outside of the box and brainstorm your own, unique blueprint!
- Create an action plan. One of the guidebook’s greatest assets is the student worksheet that follows each description of the campaigns. This allows students to visually plan out their target activities, jot down ideas and collaborate with other students. Utilize this awesome feature to come up with the best approach for your chapter campaigns!
What happens once the campaigns are completed?
- Chapters can earn the Achievement Level by meeting the requirements in any ONE of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns (Global Entrepreneurship Week Campaign, Promotional Campaign or Community Service Campaign) and receive a pennant and certificate.
- Or, chapters can earn the Thrive Level by meeting the requirements in any TWO of the DECA Month Chapter Campaigns and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and two allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at #DECAICDC.
- Additionally, for the Membership Campaign, chapters can earn the Achievement Level by meeting the requirements in any ONE of the categories (students, alumni or professionals) of the Membership Campaign and receive a pennant and certificate. Or, chapters can also earn yhr Thrive Level by meeting the requirements in any TWO of the categories and receive a pennant, plaque, flag and two allocations to attend the Thrive Academy at #DECAICDC.
As you begin to map out your campaign strategies, don’t forget to use this year’s guidebook as a tool and resource!