Recognize Outstanding DECA Leaders with the Emerging Leader Award
The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award recognizes its members studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management for being an academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
If you know an exceptional DECA leader consider recognizing them with the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award.
To qualify for the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- Be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- Be a senior
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with a 4.0 being equal to an A)
- Complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- Participate in at least three of the areas listed under Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible and Experienced Leader
Procedures to submit an application are:
- Applications must be completed electronically.
- After electronic submission, the advisor will receive an email with the required signature page for the application.
- Send the signed signature page with a $5.00 application fee to DECA Inc., 1908 Association Drive, Reston, VA, 20191, no later than January 30, 2020.
- An Honor Award certificate will be mailed directly to the local advisor with suggestions for appropriate presentation and recognition.
Emerging Leader Honor Award recipients will be announced on www.decadirect.org. If you have any questions about the Emerging Leader Honor Award please contact email@example.com.