Attention DECA Members: Need Help Paying for College?
Are you stressed out about affording college?
There is an answer… The DECA scholarship program provides over $300,000 in scholarships each year. Many corporate partners of DECA provide funding for the awards presented at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC). DECA Inc. administers the program based on guidelines set by the donor. Apply here by January 17, 2020.
Finding such awards may be time-consuming without assistance; however, DECA makes it simple and easy by allowing you to apply once and designate the scholarships you are qualified for from the lists below.
Corporate Scholarship Program
- Marriott International: Provides five (5) $2,000 scholarships to DECA members who have hospitality experience or interest.
- NAPA (Collegiate): Provides five (5) $1,500 scholarships to Collegiate DECA members who are enrolled in an Automotive Marketing and/or Aftermarket Management, Marketing, Sales or Business Ownership/Entrepreneurship program.
- Otis Spunkmeyer: Provides three (3) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA members who work in their school stores and sell Otis Spunkmeyer products.
- NTHS (National Technical Honor Society): Provides two (2) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA members who are also members of NTHS.
- Publix: Provides five (5) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA/Collegiate DECA members who are associates of Publix.
Harry Applegate Scholarship Program
The Harry Applegate Scholarship Program is a collection of named scholarships funded by corporate supporters. Scholarships are awarded based on DECA/Collegiate DECA involvement, leadership ability, community service and academic performance.
- AICPA: Provides two (2) @ $1,000 scholarships
- Hilton: Provides five (5) @ $5,000 scholarships
- M&M Productions USA: Provides two (2) @ $1,500 scholarships
- RevRoad: Provides two (2) @ $1,000 scholarships
College and Universities
Many colleges and universities that partner with DECA offer scholarships to DECA members.
A complete list of all scholarships may be found here. Remember to apply online before January 17, 2020. Good luck to all who apply!
Follow DECA on Twitter and Instagram @DECAInc.