#OneDECA: October 2019
This year’s first #OneDECA Call was held on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
The call focused on “The Roadmap to Music City” as the officers shared their program of leadership initiatives and how to get involved, sneak-peaks at upcoming conferences and other special announcements to help members make the most of the year. Here’s a look at the highlights:
EXECUTIVE OFFICER ROAD MAP FOR THE YEAR:
Because we believe that communication with our members, as well as all stakeholders of DECA, is important, we have developed a plan that spearheads our efforts to increase communication. Our program of leadership can be summarized into four main sections:
- Connecting with community leaders
- #OneDECA Calls
- “Why DECA” Member Showcase
- Monthly Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) with Executive Officers
- Washington, D.C.
- November 15-17, 2019
- 1,6000 members from 3 regions will be attending (North Atlantic, Southern and Western)
- Includes the Innovations and Entrepreneurship Conference (#DECAIEC)
- Attraction: DECA After Dark: Night Tour of Washington, D.C.
- Minneapolis, MN
- December 6-8, 2019
- 1,700 members from all across the Central Region
- Attractions: Tours the Home of the Minnesota Vikings, Timberwolves, Twins and visit Mall of America
- Orlando, FL
- February 5-9, 2019
- Open to all high school DECA members
- Attractions: Universal Studios Orlando and Disney World
- STUDENT CALL PORTAL: This is where we’ll share upcoming call information and recaps of the calls. (decadirect.org/student-video-call-series)
- DECA DIRECT REPORTERS: Applications for members interested in becoming reporters are due November 1, 2019
- HALLOWEEN CONTEST: There are four categories for the contest: 1. spookiest pumpkin 2. funniest pumpkin 3. most creative pumpkin and 4. DECA-iest pumpkin. Submissions are due by 11:59 PM EST on October 30, 2019. You are able to submit multiple pumpkins, but a new form is required for each submission. Link to Form: The pumpkins will be judged by DECA staff. The top three winning pumpkins for each category will be announced on November 5, 2019 and posted on decadirect.org. Be sure to share your creations on social media with the hashtag #DECAHalloween!
- CHAPTER CAMPAIGNS: Please promote all of the campaigns that take place during DECA month. Information can be found under deca.org/campaigns. Membership, advocacy, and community service to name a few.
- DECA MONTH: Graphics for #DECAMonth are now available. Stay active on social media and encourage your chapter members to also stay in on the buzz! Don’t forget to tag @decainc and your Executive Officers in your photos to be featured on our social media.
- DECA IDEA CHALLENGE: The DECA Idea Challenge will be taking place in November. The mystery item will be released on November 15, 2019.
All high school members are welcome to join monthly #OneDECA Calls where members have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and unite as part of the DECA community. Stay up-to-date on all things DECA, meet new members to expand your network and collaborate with other leaders based on the monthly topic. Calls will include guest speakers to share leadership insights and showcase DECA’s relevance to college and careers.
- November 20, 2019 | 8:00 p.m. EST – Setting up a strong DECA network
- December 17, 2019 | 8:00 p.m. EST – Fundraising and financing the cost of competition