2020 School-based Enterprises
A school-based enterprise (SBE) is an entrepreneurial operation in a school setting that provides goods/services to meet the needs of the market. SBEs provide realistic and practical learning experiences that reinforce classroom instruction focusing on the Business Administration Core, the Marketing Career Cluster and the Merchandising Pathway of National Curriculum Standards.
Here are updates for the 2019-2020 school year.
- This year’s Chapter Certification and Re-Certification projects are due January 10, 2020. Otis Spunkmeyer, an Aryzta brand, is sponsoring the certification.
- This year’s Re-Certification Topics are Financial Analysis, Product/Service Management and Pricing. Click here for guidelines.
- This year’s ICDC Competition Topic is Pricing. Click here for guidelines. This year, the entry can be composed of one to two members instead of one to three members. Intuit Education is sponsoring the SBE Competition at ICDC.
- SBE Week 2019 will be held September 30 – October 4.
- An SBE Advisory Group will be convened to provide feedback on SBE programs.