The #DECAICDC Social Media Team Application is Now Open!
The talented and dedicated members of the DECA International Career Development Conference Social Media Team help drive the conference conversation through tweets and photos, share live news on DECA Direct Online and promote DECA’s social media platforms. The Social Media Team is responsible for engaging other members, building excitement and sharing important information. Social Media Team members get exclusive access to insider information and have the chance to go on stage during the Grand Awards Session. Plus, as a member of the #DECAICDC Social Media Team, you get a t-shirt and Social Media Team badge!
Do you think you have what it takes to join this prestigious group of enthusiastic DECA members? Then apply today for the 2019 #DECAICDC Social Media Team!
As a member of the #DECAICDC Social Media Team, you will be solely responsible for reporting, creating and distributing all the ICDC news to DECA members and advisors both at the conference and at home. DECA is looking for individuals with social media prowess who are comfortable creating digital content for online platforms.
If selected, you will act as an ambassador for DECA. You may be assigned to cover certain events or amplify specific projects, beginning weeks prior to ICDC.
This demanding job requires dedication, determination and motivation. Although the effort is high, so is the reward. Being part of this impressive team means you will help to continue the unparalleled social media presence that DECA is now known for having. If you fulfill your commitment, you’ll even have the opportunity to be recognized on stage at the Grand Awards Session.
- DECA members and chapter advisors are eligible to apply, however executive officer candidates cannot apply.
- You must already be qualified to attend the DECA International Career Development Conference.
- This is a full-time commitment, but individuals will be allowed to compete in their competitive event and participate in their academy. You should expect to spend a minimum of one to two hours each day dedicated to the team. You can also expect to spend 2-3 hours prior to ICDC on Social Media Team items.
There are two divisions of the social media team. While all Social Media Team members are responsible for sharing and promoting ICDC content, each division has unique responsibilities.
Correspondents will be responsible for writing content to be shared on the ICDC page on decadirect.org. Writing assignments will vary from covering the exciting opening session and interviewing competitive event finalists, to exploring local hotspots in Orlando and more. The Editorial Team is perfect for any DECA member who loves meeting new people, writing and sharing original ideas.
Correspondents must be strong writers and able to meet deadlines, even while busy with conference activities!
Please Note: These assignments will require members to use a computer and WiFi (which is usually free in most hotel lobby areas) while in Orlando.
Social Ambassadors will be focused on sharing #DECAICDC content on their own, personal social media accounts and promoting #DECAICDC on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and more. You will be the true eyes and ears of #DECAICDC for all those members carefully following the hashtag from home.
We need you to capture every detail from the moment your plane takes off to the exhilarating closing session. Social Ambassadors will have special insight to exclusive #DECAICDC Snapchat Geofilters and will get their content shared regularly onto the @DECAInc Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat accounts.
Beyond online content, Social Ambassadors are responsible for encouraging engagement in real life as well. They will use creative strategies to get attendees to engage with DECA Inc. on social media, utilize the ICDC app and post using the #DECAICDC hashtag.
While these are the two main divisions, we want to share and utilize the talents of DECA members at ICDC! If you have a passion for filming/video creation, photography, etc. and wish to be involved in another capacity, please consider applying anyway! We will adapt and create unique roles as we see fit.
How to Apply
The application process is a multi-step format that allows DECA Inc. to see your competency when it comes to social media, as well as your creativity and ingenuity.
- Please fill out the #DECAICDC Social Media Team application.
- Please provide us with all the necessary links related to your social media.
- Please answer all the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- You must be a fully registered, dues-paying DECA member.
- You must have a Twitter and Instagram account, and are encouraged to also have a Facebook and Snapchat account. (Your Twitter and Instagram accounts must be public to be eligible.) *Note: exceptions may be made for Correspondents.
- You must understand the basic concepts and skills when it comes to using these various platforms – it is alright if you are better at some than others, but you should know how to at least use all of them.
- You must demonstrate professional communication skills including appropriate message, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. as well as adequate photography skills.
Applicants must complete the application form and submit all information by Monday, April 1, 2019, at 11:59 PM EST. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions about the #DECAICDC Social Media Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.