Apply Now for the #CDECAICDC 2019 Social Media Team
The talented and dedicated members of the Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference Social Media Team help drive the conference conversation through tweets and photos, share live news on DECA Direct Online and promote DECA’s social media platforms with their tweets and posts.
Do you think you have what it takes to join this prestigious group of enthusiastic Collegiate DECA members? Then apply today for the 2019 #CDECAICDC Social Media Team!
As a member of the #CDECAICDC Social Media Team, you will be solely responsible for reporting, creating and distributing all the ICDC news to Collegiate DECA members and advisors both at the conference and at home. DECA is looking for individuals with social media prowess who are comfortable creating digital content for online platforms.
If selected, you will act as an ambassador for Collegiate DECA. You may be assigned to cover certain events or amplify specific projects, beginning weeks prior to ICDC.
This demanding job requires dedication, determination and motivation. Although the effort is high, so is the reward. Being part of this impressive team means you will help to continue the unparalleled social media presence that DECA is now known for having. If you fulfill your commitment, you’ll even have the opportunity to be recognized on stage at the closing session.
- Collegiate DECA members and chapter advisors are eligible to apply, however executive officer candidates cannot apply.
- You must already be qualified to attend the Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference.
- This is a full-time commitment, but individuals will be allowed to compete in their competitive event and participate in their academy. You should expect to spend a minimum of one to two hours each day dedicated to the team. You can also expect to spend 2-3 hours prior to ICDC on Social Media Team items.
How to Apply
The application process is a multi-step format that allows DECA Inc. to see your competency when it comes to social media, as well as your creativity and ingenuity.
- Please fill out the #CDECAICDC Social Media Team application.
- Please provide us with all the necessary links related to your social media.
- Please answer all the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- You must be a fully registered, dues-paying Collegiate DECA member.
- You must have a Twitter and Instagram account, and are encouraged to also have a Facebook and Snapchat account.
- You must understand the basic concepts and skills when it comes to using these various platforms – it is alright if you are better at some than others, but you should know how to at least use all of them.
- You must demonstrate professional communication skills including appropriate message, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
Applicants must complete the application form and submit all information by Monday, March 25, 2019, at 11:59 PM EST. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions about the #CDECAICDC Social Media Team, please contact email@example.com.
Follow Collegiate DECA on Twitter @CollegiateDECA.