Calling All DECA Scholarship Qualifiers: Upload your support documents by February 15
DECA members who qualified for the second-round review of their scholarship application(s) must log into their portal and upload their supporting documents by February 15.
Please note the new submission process this year:
- Qualifying members will login into their account on the scholarship portal and upload the requested materials for their respective scholarship(s). Materials are not to be mailed or faxed to DECA.
- Requested materials generally include:
- Statement letter indicating their interest in the scholarship and information that would be of benefit to the scholarship review committee.
- Three letters of recommendation:
- DECA advisor letter
- One (1) letter from a community leader, and (except Publix where a letter from the store manager or supervisor is required)
- One (1) additional letter (i.e. principal, teacher, employer, etc.)
- Current transcript (official or unofficial).
- All materials must be in PDF format to upload.
- All materials are due by Friday, February 15, 2019. Members qualifying for more than one scholarship must upload materials for each scholarship. However, members may only be awarded one scholarship.
- Winners will be announced and notified the week of March 11.
- High School winners attending ICDC will be invited to attend a Scholarship reception, currently scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, April 30, followed by the Grand Awards Session.
Contact DECA’s Development department with any questions: email Monica Thomas or call 703-860-5000.