Explore Entrepreneurship Through Idea Generation: Idea Challenge Launches Nov. 9
DECA is excited to announce another year of the DECA Idea Challenge, a fast-paced experiential learning exercise that dares students of all ages to find an innovative use for a commonplace item in mere days! Once revealed, students must generate a new use for the item. Competing teams finish the challenge by generating a brief video pitch of their new product.
The DECA Idea Challenge is the premier event of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) and a featured event of GEW Youth. The competition is an exciting opportunity for students to sharpen the innovation skills needed for entrepreneurship as well as the career-ready 21st Century Skills of collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking. Winners will be recognized to a global audience on decadirect.org and gew.co as well as receive a monetary award from DECA Inc. as follows:
- College/University: $750 U.S. dollars
- High School: $750 U.S. dollars
- Elementary/Middle School: $500 U.S. dollars
DECA membership is not a requirement to participate, so share this exciting activity with anyone interested in igniting their creativity!
Dates & Resources
- Today – Promote the challenge with the DECA Idea Challenge Flyer and get ready with the DECA Idea Challenge Toolkit, featuring guidelines and activities.
- November 9, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. ET – Challenge item announced
- November 12, 2018 – GEW begins
- November 18, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET – Submissions due online
- January 04, 2019 – Global winners announced
Additional Ways to Engage in GEW:
- Participate in DECA’s GEW Chapter Campaign!
- Search the GEW database for events, activities and competitions around the world.
- Invite a local entrepreneur to share their roadmap to success as a guest speaker.
- Get inspired by viewing interviews with successful entrepreneurs.
- Try implementing your business ideas by challenging yourself to start a business in 10 days
- Perfect your pitch and host a competition at your school.
- Connect with @unleashingideas and @genhq for daily inspiration and the latest GEW news.
- Explore more GEW engagement ideas here.
Share your excitement with your peers, school, community and the world using #DECAIdeaChallenge and #GEW2018. We can’t wait to see what you create!