Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game Begins September 24
Bring finance to life in your classroom with the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game™. An acclaimed program from the SIFMA Foundation, the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game is an online simulation of the global capital markets that engages students in the world of economics, investing and personal finance. The competition challenges teams with building and managing a $100,000 investment portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Participants manage all aspects of the portfolio including asset selection, buying and selling. The competition is proven to improve academic performance, financial knowledge, and saving and investing habits.
Students may participate individually or in a group of up to three members from the same Collegiate DECA chapter. The event is free to all active Collegiate DECA members.
Chapter advisors must register their chapter for students to participate. Students cannot register themselves unless they are recognized as individual Collegiate DECA members. Once the advisor is confirmed as the leader of an active Collegiate DECA chapter, the advisor will be given access to a Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game advisor account. Advisors will then be able to add students to their chapter’s competition roster. SIFMA staff will provide advisors with student links to access the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game upon finalizing registration.
TIMELINE (FALL SESSION)
- Opening Date: September 24, 2018
- First Trade Deadline: November 02, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Student Name Submission Deadline: November 09, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Last Trade Deadline: November 29, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Closing Date: November 30, 2018
- Portfolio Deletion Deadline: February 11, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
TIMELINE (SPRING SESSION)
- Opening Date: February 4, 2019
- First Trade Deadline: March 08, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Student Name Submission Deadline: March 15, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Last Trade Deadline: April 11, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
- Closing Date: April 12, 2019
- Portfolio Deletion Deadline: June 14, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. ET
The top ten teams from both the fall and spring Collegiate sessions will be recognized by Collegiate DECA for their accomplishments. Rankings are based on the percentage growth against the S&P 500.
- Advisor Registration
- Step-By-Step Registration Guide
- Collegiate DECA Fall Training Webinar – WATCH NOW!
- Collegiate DECA Spring Training Webinar
If you have any questions about the Collegiate DECA Stock Market Game or need assistance with registration, please contact Carolyn Quest, DECA Stock Market Game Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.