DECA 5K Kicks off ICDC 2018
Saturday morning kicked off the 2018 #DECAICDC community service activity, DECA 5K run/walk. Almost 1,100 runners and walkers came out on the International Plaza at the Georgia World Congress Center for the 5K.
DECA is pleased to announce that this year’s event raised $20,000!
In addition to the traditional 5K Run/Walk, the 2018 included a festival style experience for those who wanted to support the event without running or walking.
Highlights from the festival included:
- Warm-up session and barbell competition from the Army
- Line dances
- Music/DJ provided by MDA
- Water/Bananas from Costco Business Center
- Muffins from Otis Spunkmeyer
- Swag from other sponsors
Awards were given to the top overall male and female runners as well as the most spirited, courtesy of MDA.
- Top Male: Dillon Fields, Virginia, 17:00
- Top Female: Emma Squires, MI, 21:53
A huge THANK YOU to all the participants and sponsors:
- Costco Business Center
- Edge Productions
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta
- Johnson & Wales University
- Legacy Ventures Hotel (Embassy Suites Downtown, The American Hotel A Doubletree by Hilton, The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, The Glenn Hotel and Indigo Downtown Atlanta)
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Apartment Association Education Institute
- Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc. an ARYZTA Brand
- PepsiCo Chilled
- Suffolk University
- US Army
- Vector Marketing
Mark your calendar now for next year’s #DECAICDC community service activity in Orlando, Florida, April 27, 2019.