ICDC Logistics Announcement
Dear ICDC Attendees,
DECA recognizes that the events surrounding last night’s Opening Session did not meet the high standards we hope to achieve at all of our events. We apologize for the delays that resulted in many of you missing part of the Opening Session and the logistical issues that led to challenges in your departures and longer than planned wait times for your shuttles.
In an effort to improve our performance for Tuesday’s events at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, we are taking the following steps:
- There will be additional bus routes and more shuttle buses.
- All 32 security checkpoints at Gate 2 will be open.
- Gate 1 will open at the end to allow people to exit from the field.
- There will be stadium staff standing by prepared to open Gate 3 if needed to accommodate additional guests.
- Additional personnel will be deployed to help manage the crowds upon arrival and departure.
We can confirm that there are no events taking place in Philips Arena or Centennial Park and no road closures on Tuesday, both of which helped contribute to the delays. We believe these changes will help reduce the time to enter and depart the stadium at the events on Tuesday.
We are also asking for your assistance to help reduce wait time at the security checkpoints. Please note that:
- Umbrellas are permitted only if they are under 33”.
- For security purposes, everyone must be wearing a conference badge in order to enter.
Again, we apologize for not delivering the experience we hoped for all attendees at our Opening Session. Thank you for your understanding as the DECA staff works to improve the safety and quality of the remainder of your ICDC experience.
Lou DiGioia, CAE