Mayville State University Collegiate DECA Members Advance to International Competition
Jordan Johnson | Mayville State University Collegiate DECA
On February 11-12, 2018, Mayville State University Collegiate DECA members participated in the North Dakota Collegiate DECA Career Development Conference in Fargo, N.D.
The annual state conference provides an opportunity for students to compete in business related events against 130 of their peers representing nine other North Dakota colleges and universities.
Mayville State University’s Collegiate DECA chapter made a strong impact at this year’s conference, qualifying eight students out of 10 for the Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference in Washington, D.C., on the April 11-14.
Congratulations to the following finalists:
- Third Place – Jacob Pladson
- National Qualifier – David Dukart
- National Qualifier (duel enrolled at NDSCS & MSU Online) – Joe Keaveny
Banking & Financial Services
- National Qualifier- Jordan Johnson
- First Place- Gabe Salander
Hotel & Lodging
- National Qualifier- Jace Pederson
- First Place – Maddie Gallardo
Sales Management Meeting
- Third Place – Ben Myszkowski
- First Place – Jordan Johnson & Gabe Salander
Emerging Technologies Marketing Strategies
- Second Place – Maddie Gallardo & Orson Gallardo
- Third Place – Jordan Johnson & Ben Myszkowski
Financial Statement Analysis
- Second Place – Jacob Pladson & Jace Pederson
- Third Place – Maddie Gallardo & Orson Gallardo
In addition to a great showing in the competitive events, Mayville State University’s Collegiate DECA chapter also was also recognized with the Community Service Award. The Community Service Award is designed to recognize Collegiate DECA chapters for civic activities performed in their community.
MSU also brought home two additional individual awards. The North Dakota Collegiate DECA Outstanding Service Award went to Jordan Johnson and Gabe Salander. This Chapter Leadership Award is designed to recognize Collegiate DECA student members for their leadership on their campus and with their chapter.
Awesome job to all the MSU Collegiate DECA members!
This article was written by Mayville State University Collegiate DECA President, Jordan Johnson. You can follow Mayville State University Collegiate DECA on Instagram @mayvillestatedeca.