Think You’re Ready to Submit Your Passport Program? Check Here First!
The 2018 Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference is a little less than three months away, which means deadlines are coming up for the special awards such as the Leadership Passport Program.
The Leadership Passport Program deadline if March 7, 2018. If you or your chapter want to be recognized this year at #CDECAICDC for successfully completing the passport program, this is the article you want to be reading!
There are some things that have to be done before you can click submit on your Passport this year, whether it’s the Individual or Chapter Passport Award you are submitting, hopefully both!
You’re ready to submit your Passport Program if you:
Individual Passport Award
- Are a paid member of Collegiate DECA.
- Completed the required elements for each level of the award: 10 hours of community service, a list of academic and Collegiate DECA goals, write a resume/cover letter and attend five chapter-related meetings.
- For the Blue Diamond Award you must additionally complete at least three tasks from the categories: academically successful and career ready, community oriented, professionally responsible and experienced leaders.
- For the Gold Diamond Award you must complete at least five tasks from the categories, plus all of the additional required elements for the Gold Award.
The specific tasks and requirements for the Individual Passport can be found in the Collegiate DECA Chapter Resource Guidebook.
Chapter Leadership Passport Award
- Have documented all tasks your Chapter has completed, documented, or produced articles for DECA Direct for verification.
- Completed the eight (8) required elements for all three levels of the award: Executive, Diplomat, and Presidential
- Submitted articles for Requirements 3 through 5 for decadirect.org.
- Completed the minimum number of tasks from each category of passport items: academically successful and career, community oriented, experienced leaders and professionally responsible.
All of the specific requirements for each level award can be found in the Collegiate DECA Chapter Resource Guidebook as well! Also, the online form with instructions to submit either passport award can be found here.
Once you’ve completed the minimum requirements for each award don’t stop there! Keep going and try to complete as many tasks as possible for each type of award, because it will not only strengthen your leadership and involvement, but your chapter’s as well!
Follow Paul on Twitter @cdecavppaul.