DECA Competitive Events Taskforce Holds Annual Meeting
DECA’s Competitive Events Taskforce met January 24-26, 2018, in Reston, Va.
The taskforce’s charges included:
- Developing a three-year plan and timeline for the Competitive Events Taskforce.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to improve the guidelines and/or event structure for the Marketing Representative Events and Professional Selling Events.
- Reviewing and making recommendations for implications of online testing at the International Career Development Conference.
After two meetings and a conference call, the taskforce will host another conference call to finalize its recommendations to DECA Inc.’s Board of Directors for action at its March meeting.
The taskforce received input from a variety of business and industry representatives, including Universal Studios Orlando and Marriott International, members of DECA’s National Advisory Board. The taskforce also brainstormed and recommended topics for next year’s competitive events.
This year’s taskforce members include:
- Karen Brettingen, Co-Chair, Chapter Advisor
- Dan Greaven, Co-Chair, Chapter Advisor
- Josh Shankle, Chartered Association Advisor
- Mary Peres, President, DECA Inc. Board of Directors
- Jackie Schiller, President Elect, DECA Inc. Board of Directors
- Alan Balsdon, North Atlantic Region, 2017-2018
- Kim Edwards, Southern Region, 2017-2018
- Chad Froeschle, Central Region, 2017-2018
- Paul Glenovich, Western Region, 2017-2018
- Andy Chaves, Marriott International
- Frank Peterson, Interim Executive Director, DECA Inc.
- Christopher Young, CAE, High School Division Director, DECA Inc.
DECA will host a workshop at the 2018 DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, Ga., to explain any changes and updates to DECA’s Competitive Events Program for the 2018-2019 academic year and beyond.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.