DECA Idea Challenge 2017 Global Finalists Announced
DECA Inc. is excited to announce this year’s DECA Idea Challenge global finalists. This year’s competition was our biggest yet, with 2,255 submissions from around the world.
A premier event of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), the event challenged elementary through university students to tap into their creativity and generate a new use for rubber bands in merely a week. Students were tasked with collaborating as a team and generating a video pitch of their new product.
Congratulations to the following DECA Idea Challenge global finalists:
ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL FINALISTS
- Bermuda – Team 4 RJE of Bermuda High School
- Canada – Bandaidz of St. John’s School
- Saint Lucia – DECA Super Starts of Gros Islet Primary School
- The United Arab Emirates – Mobile Stand & Holder of The Kindergarten Starters
- The United Kingdom – Rob Soc of Felsted School
- The United States – Insulator Warrior Inc. of The Harker School
HIGH SCHOOL FINALISTS
- Canada – EZ Band of Glenforest Secondary School
- China – Rubber Band PSA of Hangzhou High School
- Moldova – Work Together, Do it Better! of Liceul Teoretic Ion Creanga
- Saint Lucia – Shoolie of Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School
- Spain – The Networkers of American School of Bilbao
- Sweden – Scope Lens Protector of Björknäsgymnasiet
- Ukraine – Ukrainian Young Innovators of Cherkassy Lyceum of Humanities and Law
- The United Arab Emirates – Team 5 of Bradenton Preparatory Academy
- The United Kingdom – Rob Soc 3 of Felsted School
- The United States – The Rubber Restrictor of River Hill High School
- Moldova – Make the Nature Green Again of the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
- Saint Lucia – Keep It Steady of Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School
- The United Kingdom – The Cheds of Kirkless College
- The United States – Energy Saving Rubber Band of Northwood University
DECA congratulates all students, teachers and mentors who engaged in the DECA Idea Challenge. Stay tuned to DECA Direct for the announcement of global winning teams on January 23, 2018.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. DECA Inc. is a not-for-profit student organization with more than 225,000 members in 3,775 chapters in 50 United States and nine countries. With an over 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded in 1946. For more information about DECA Inc., visit www.deca.org.
About Global Entrepreneurship Week
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare. During one week each November, GEW inspires individuals around the world to explore their potential as self-starters and innovators through local, national and global activities. These activities connect participants to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors.
Powered by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Global Entrepreneurship Week is empowering millions in over 160 countries to take the next step in their entrepreneurial journey. GEW is more than just an awareness campaign. It is a platform for connection and collaboration – engaging all players along the entrepreneurship spectrum in strengthening ecosystems around the world.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.