Recognize an Outstanding DECA Senior With the Emerging Leader Honor Award
The Emerging Leader Honor Award application is now open!
This award is a way to recognize standout DECA seniors who have taken advantage of the #Limitless opportunities DECA offers.
The easy application process is outlined below for your convenience:
- Complete the online application prior to January 30, 2018.
- The online application will e-mail the chapter advisor a summary of the application as well as signature lines for the student, parent, guidance counselor and principal.
- Get the appropriate signatures.
- The signed application form, along with payment, must be postmarked by January 30, 2018.
- Send the signed form with a $5.00 application fee to DECA Inc., 1908 Association Drive, Reston, VA, 20191. Fees will also now be accepted online when completing the application.
Want to know if you or one of your members meets the requirements? To receive the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- Be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- Be a senior
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with 4.0 being equal to an A)
- Complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- Participate in at least three activities in each of the areas listed: community oriented, professionally responsible and experienced leader
Qualifying applicants will be recognized with an honor award certificate, which will be mailed to the chapter advisor, and have their name listed on DECA Direct Online.
For questions or assistance, please contact Anjelica Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.