8 Things to Keep in Mind While Working on Your DECA Scholarship Application
The holiday break is a great time to work on your DECA scholarship application!
With the January 19, 2018, due date quickly approaching, now is the time to do something you’ll thank yourself for later on down the road.
When completing your applications, make sure to do the following:
- Include as much information as possible in your profile, especially your DECA activities, as this information is carried over to your application(s).
- Apply to ALL applications that you meet the criteria.
- Make sure your application is complete before submitting.
- Check for accuracy and remember to proofread.
- Have someone else proofread your application(s) before submitting.
- Make sure you hit “submit.”
- Start gathering your letters of recommendations. For those who make the qualifying round, letters of recommendation will be required from your DECA advisor, community leader and one other (some from an employer).
- Be prepared to request an official copy of your transcripts.
If you have any questions about DECA’s scholarships, please contact Cameron Burrell or DECA’s Corporate & External Affairs department at 703-860-5000.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.