The DECA Idea Challenge 2017 Mystery Item Is…
The DECA Idea Challenge is a premier event of GEW, aiming to inspire millions in over 160 countries to explore their potential as self-starters and innovators.
This hands-on learning activity challenges elementary through college students around the globe to find an innovative use for a commonplace item in just eight days!
The mystery item to be used in this year’s challenge is rubber bands!
Follow these steps below to get started:
- Watch an overview presentation to learn the ins and outs of the competition.
- Download the DECA Idea Challenge Toolkit for competition guidelines, video tips and energizing learning activities.
- Organize a team of 3 to 5 students and get creative in repurposing this year’s challenge item. There is no limit to the size, color or number of rubber bands used in the entry. Other materials, such as glue, tape and paint may be incorporated into the design.
- Record and upload a 3-minute video pitch of your invention.
- Submit entry online by November 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Learn more about Global Entrepreneurship Week and help celebrate its 10-year anniversary.
- Share your excitement throughout the competition using #DECAIdeaChallenge and #GEW2017.
Global finalists and global winners will be announced in January 2018. Three teams, one from each education category, will be deemed DECA Idea Challenge global winners!
Each team will receive a monetary award from DECA Inc. as well as recognition on both the DECA Inc. and Global Entrepreneurship Week websites.
DECA membership is not a requirement to participate, so tell everyone you know about this exciting, idea-generating activity! For additional information, please contact Adrienne Burda at email@example.com or (703) 860-5000.
We can’t wait to see what you create!
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.