Competitive Events Updates 2017-2018
The DECA Inc. Board of Directors approved the following changes to DECA’s Competitive Events Program effective 2017-2018.
1. The previously scheduled new Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making and Entrepreneurship Individual Series events will be added. These events will use the entrepreneurship performance indicator list and new entrepreneurship exam.
2. Evaluation forms for all competitive events with a written entry may have more points allocated toward the executive summary on the written evaluation. Evaluation forms for the presentation of Chapter Team Events and evaluation forms for Advertising Campaign, Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan and Sports and Entertainment Promotion Plan have been revised.
3. The Start Up Business Plan can now be comprised of one to three members of the DECA chapter.
4. For the 2017-2018 Virtual Business Challenge, teams have access to almost all the full simulation capabilities versus select simulation actions in previous years’ competitions. In addition, this year’s VBC will introduce shorter online qualifying rounds. Each VBC online qualifying round will be 11-days in length. The Virtual Business Challenge – Accounting has mini-challenges during each qualifying round. Visit knowledgematters.com/highschool/competitions/deca/ for complete details.
5. The Virtual Business Challenge – Fashion event will be added.
For questions about DECA’s Competitive Events Program, please contact Christopher Young, CAE, High School Division Director at Christopher_Young@deca.org.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.