Renowned Technology Strategist Receives 2017 Entrepreneurial Spirit Award at #DECAICDC
In honor of her industry leadership, personal achievements and social responsibility, Monique Morrow, former Cisco executive and chief technology strategist, was awarded DECA’s 2017 Entrepreneurial Spirit Award during the opening session of the 2017 DECA International Career Development Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
Ms. Morrow accepted the award after delivering inspirational keynote remarks to over 19,0000 #DECAICDC attendees in the Anaheim Convention Center, and to thousands more live streaming the event from home.
Past recipients of DECA’s Entrepreneurial Spirit Award include:
- Erik Alexander, Chief Lodging Services Officer, the America’s, Marriott International
- Mindy Grossman, CEO of HSNi
- Fran Tarkenton, CEO of the Tarkenton Companies
- Steve Greenbaum, CEO of PostNet
- George Zimmer, founder and chairman of Men’s Wearhouse
- Pat Williams, NBA executive, author and entrepreneur
- Josie Marin, supermodel and entrepreneur
- George Ross, TRUMP Organization executive vice president and entrepreneur
Morrow’s keynote remarks challenged DECA members to fully embrace who they are, work hard and identify multi-generational mentors. She also shared her personal journey through each of these points and how/why she’s come to find each so important to personal and career success.
DECA members in attendance for the remarks loved the motivational message and shared their own thoughts on Twitter during the session using #DECAICDC.
Here’s what some had to say:
— Becca? (@becca_jackson02) April 27, 2017
— DECA Inc. (@DECAInc) April 27, 2017
— Jeff Victor (@DECAJeff) April 27, 2017
Congratulations to Ms. Morrow and thank you for inspiring all our members to own their futures!
View the entire opening session of this year’s ICDC here.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.