2017 DECA 5K Run/Walk Raises $27,000 for MDA & DECA’s Scholarship Fund
The 2017 DECA International Career Development Conference kicked off this morning with the annual #DECAICDC community service activity, the DECA 5K Run/Walk.
Over 1,000 runners and walkers came out to Angels Stadium for the conference 5K.
DECA is pleased to announce that this year’s event raised $27,000!
In addition to the traditional 5K Run/Walk, this year’s event included a festival style experience for those who wanted to support the event without running or walking.
Highlights from the festival included:
- Warm-up session and barbell competition from the U.S. Army
- High impact exercise class by Theory Orange Fitness
- Music/DJ provided by MDA
- Swag from other sponsors
A huge THANK YOU to all the participants and sponsors:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- DECA Images
- Hyatt Regency – Anaheim
- Johnson & Wales University
- Liberty University
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Apartment Association Education Institute
- National Student Leadership Conference
- Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc. an ARYZTA Brand
- Orange Theory Fitness
- PepsiCo Chilled DSD
- Portofina Inn & Suites at Anaheim Resort
- UNCG-Bryan School of Business & Economics
- Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort
- Springhill Suites at Anaheim Resort
- Suffolk University
- US Army
- Vector Marketing
Mark your calendar now for next year’s #DECAICDC 5K Run/Walk in Atlanta, Ga., on April 21, 2018.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.