DECA Idea Challenge Global Finalists Announced
With 2,000+ submissions from over a dozen countries around the world, DECA Inc. is pleased to announce the DECA Idea Challenge finalists of this fierce competition.
A premier event of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), the DECA Idea Challenge dared elementary through university students to tap into their creativity and reinvent plastic water bottles into an original creation. Student teams were evaluated on their video pitch of their new invention.
Congratulations to the following DECA Idea Challenge global finalists:
ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL FINALISTS
- Bermuda – The Bird Whispers of Bermuda High School
- New Zealand – The Einsteins of Cashmere Avenue School
- Saint Lucia – Science Club of Banse La Grace Combined School
- The United Arab Emirates – Plastic Bottle Green House of Cambridge High School Abu Dhabi
- The United Kingdom – Hydro Umbrella of George Heriot’s School
- United States – Chaparral Future DECA Team 1 of Chaparral Middle School
HIGH SCHOOL FINALISTS
- Algeria – The Next Generation of Mechouar High School
- Bermuda – Boxed of Bermuda High School
- Canada – Eco 21 of Glenforest Secondary School
- China – DECA Beijing of International School of Beijing
- India – BOG of Amity International School
- Moldova – Work Together, Do it Better! of Liceul Teoretic Ion Creanga
- Saint Lucia – Eco Desk of Ciceron Secondary School
- South Korea – KJR of Korea International School, Jeju
- Spain – Eco Girls of American School of Bilbao
- Sweden – Safe N’ Sound of Björknäsgymnasium
- The Netherlands – Eco AnGin of ID College
- The United Kingdom – Rain Catcher of Felsted School
- The United States –Purposeful Plastic of Herricks High School
- Algeria – Plastic Bottle Pontoons of Ecole Nationale Polytechnique
- Moldova – Go Green the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
- United Arab Emirates – The Bottle That Spoke to Me of Cambridge High School Abu Dhabi
- The United Kingdom – Frugal Anti-Schock of Leicester College
- The United States – Message in a Bottle of Radford University
DECA congratulates all of the students, teachers and mentors who engaged in the DECA Idea Challenge.
Download a certificate of recognition in appreciation of your time and energy undergone to participate in the competition.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. With nearly a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded in 1946. DECA Inc. is a not-for-profit student organization with more than 215,000 members. For more information about DECA Inc., visit www.deca.org.
About Global Entrepreneurship Week
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare during one week each November. Through local to global activities, participants are connected to potential collaborators, mentors and investors—introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities. GEW is a platform for connection and collaboration—engaging all players along the entrepreneurship spectrum in strengthening ecosystems around the world. For more information about GEW, visit www.gew.co.