5 Ways to Ensure Your Best Performance at Districts
In order to do your best at your district competition, it’s important to be prepared and ready to conquer the day!
Check out these tips for being your best self when competition time arrives:
- Eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast the morning of districts. Eating well can help your brain function the best it can so that you will be at the top of your game during your presentation or role play.
- Get a good night of rest the night before. Although studying is very important, you need to let your brain rest enough to consolidate the memories your formed from studying and rehearsing.
- Dress to impress. It is true what they say about first impressions being the most important. Dressing well gives off an impression of organization and confidence. Plus, everyone always looks amazing in a blazer. Blazers are a power item of clothing!
- Study! Study! Study! Three times for emphasis. Make sure you know your performance indicators and prepare your presentations. Practice really does make perfect and you are guaranteed to perform better if you study. Additionally, being well prepared will make you feel more confident about yourself which can also help reduce nerves! It’s a win-win situation!
- Smile! Smiling gives you an air of confidence and relaxation that nothing else you do can give you. Everyone around you will also feel more relaxed and comfortable, including your judge. A comfortable judge is a happy judge! A smile will show everyone around you that you know what you are doing and are well prepared.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be more than ready to conquer the competition and make it all the way to #DECAICDC!
This article was written by Northville DECA Director of Communications, Jenny Yu. You can follow Northville DECA on Twitter @northvilledeca.