Is There Still Time to Complete the Leadership Passport Program?
Although deadline is quickly approaching, there is still time for all Collegiate DECA members to complete the Individual Leadership Passport Program!
March 1, 2017, is the deadline for members to have completed the necessary requirements in order to earn the Blue or Gold Diamond Passport Award.
This program is designed as a guide to help members stay engaged with Collegiate DECA year-round. By completing the Leadership Passport Program, chapter member will benefit from having a well-rounded university experience, as well as receive recognition at the 2017 International Career Development Conference.
So what do you have to do to receive this award at #CDECAICDC 2017?
Here are the basic requirements in order to engage with DECA year-round and complete the Leadership Passport Program (Blue Level) before March 1:
- Perform 10 hours of community service independently or with a group
- Develop a list of academic and Collegiate DECA goals for the year
- Sign up here receive DECA Direct: Collegiate Edition emails
- Write a resume and a cover letter
- Attend five chapter-related meetings
Considering it is halfway through the year, there is a good chance that most motivated DECA members may already have these requirements done. So what’s next?
Here are some tips for fully completing the program’s extra requirements:
- Apply for a scholarship through DECA’s Scholarship Program
- Attend and compete at an association/regional/invitational conference
- Create a LinkedIn account and post your Collegiate DECA experience
- Present in class about Collegiate DECA career benefits of membership
- Bring two friends to a chapter meeting
- Develop a list of personal/professional goals for the year
- Recruit five new student, alumni, or professional members to your chapter
- Present a competition workshop
These are just a few of the things members can do to complete the Leadership Passport Program. If you are an active Collegiate DECA member, you are most likely already doing many of these things!
Check out www.decadirect.org for more ideas about how to complete the Leadership Passport Program in just four short months!
This article was written by Lindenwood University Collegiate DECA member and former Collegiate DECA Vice President, Savannah Bice. You can follow Savannah on Twitter @SavannahBice_.